Friday, August 12, 2011

3 out of 4

So in the Tomerlin household this week, 3 out of the 4 of us are sick... Both kids and I are sick! I don't know where it originated but it's awful!

Last Thursday, I went to a walk in clinic because I just felt crummy and had a cough and sore throat. I left there with the diagnosis of upper respiratory infection, strep throat, and DOUBLE ear infection. Great!!! So that night, I locked myself up in my room and Nathan did all of the kids stuff. Then Friday, my mom took both kids for the night so I could sleep in on Saturday. Nathan started a new job so he works every other weekend and this happened to be one that he worked.

I sure did take advantage of that. On Friday, I slept from 8:00pm to 11:00am! It felt amazing but I was worthless that whole day. 

Since I was diagnosis with an upper respiratory infection, I decided that while Bryce was awake during the day, he would be getting treatments every 4 hours. You just never KNOW with CF... I felt bad for him, but I knew it would be for the best.

We really didn't do anything because I was still not feeling that good.

Bryce woke up with nasty eyes. Still his normal goofy self but his eye kept getting worse and worse through out the day.

Bryce seemed to be the same, junkie eye but still himself.

Both eyes were nasty, he was cranky, didn't really want to do anything but lay on me. So I knew there was something going on.

Clinic, Bryce had a horrible double ear infection and strep throat. Lungs sounded great! He had no wheezing or coughing. Sinuses didn't look too hot so they went ahead and gave him a steroid for his sinuses and antibiotics for his ear infection and strep throat.

Brianna wakes herself up from coughing and she can't catch her breathe. Now it's in the middle of the night and I am giving her a breathing treatment.

Friday (Today)
I go back to the doctor because my cough is a 1,000 times worse and I feel as though I am about to cough up my lungs.  I received 2 shots, a stronger antibiotic and a cough syrup with codeine in it.

Hopefully, all of this will work and we will be back to the Healthy Tomerlin Family.

Here are some pictures of Bryce at clinic and some of him at work with me waiting on Nana to pick him up.

 Waiting to be called back to clinic....
 He kept running down the halls at work to see what my assistant was doing.
 For some reason he kept touching the walls in my office. I don't know if it's because they were textured or what but he would run beside them and crack up laughing.
 Playing on scale that we use for the biggest loser competition.
Finally, staying in once place so i could actually get some work done!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...all the sounds awful!! I'm hoping you guys get better soon. :)