Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hopefully the worse is over...

Now we are in PICU.... Yes, ICU. Thank God our great team of doctors decided to do the bronchoscopy and the esophagogastroduodenoscopy ( EGD) first before doing the the fundoplication. They said the outcome would of been horrific.
During the procedure, all of his airways kept closing. They were very inflamed and irritated. It appears that Bryce has severe Cystic Fibrosis, severe asthma, and floppy airways. ( I forgot the medical term for it. There is only so much new medical terms that I can store in my head at a time.) He should out grow his floppy airways. Now we are are going full force on his cystic fibrosis. We will now will be starting treatment on him that you usually don't start doing until a child is 1 year of age. BRYCE is 3 MONTHS. I will post pictures from his 2 exams at a later date.
That is all I am going to write for now. I have to wrap my head around all this... Maybe I will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment